Pages

Friday, June 1, 2012

Kiwi Kick


Wind gusted towards my face as my hair flew side from side. The freezing air attacked my skin and not so long after I had goosebumps. As my teeth chattered “Ahhh, It’s so COLD!”, I huddled and quickly put my jacket on and started jumping. That’s my way of getting warmer.

We were at the courts, sitting down waiting for Mike & Sam to start talking about what we were about to do. I already knew this was Kiwi Kick which is basically where we, Pt England School learn to play rugby but a safer way. Every class is scheduled once a week to be playing with another class. Us, room 20 are with room 22.

Sam told us what we were going to be doing. Which was learning a few techniques. First off, we learnt the drop punt which is basically where we hold the ball with both of our hands, position the ball straight in front of your stomach and drop the ball where your leg will kick the ball slightly and the ball will bounce back to you. Since I ain’t the type of sport type of person, It took me a while to figure out how to ACTUALLY do it properly. Well that’s what I thought?

Not long after Sam blew the whistle, signalling that time was up to practice that previous technique. We get repeating the same process of learning a few techniques. By the end we had only learned 3 skills, which I took pretty long doing.

As kiwi kick came to an end. “Over the next few weeks will be learning more skills and at the end we’ll have a few games of Kiwi Kick. So yeah, could you make two neat lines for your teachers.” Sam said. We headed back to our classes to continue with the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment