Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

My 12th Birthday!!

It was 11:50pm on a Saturday night and I was wide awake full of anticipation. Some kind of force was trying to say that something exceptional was waiting for me, but I couldn’t remember what. My hands took over my body and they tiredly took my mobile out of my pocket. I glanced at it. I went on the calender to see the date and in no time, there was a smile on my face.

Ten minutes passed so quickly, and then all my family and friends started writing messages to me and sending me texts with those two words. You must be wondering what all these people had been writing to me? “Happy Birthday” were those two amazing words that had been making me feel so special and happy.

I woke up at 9:00am and I had received a lot of messages, I replied to all and had a little break. I worked my day through receiving gifts and, guests coming over. By then it was 4:00pm and I was worn-out and exhausted. I went for a nap and had completely forgotten about my birthday cake.

I woke up at 6:00pm and my oldest sister had told me to look at mobile. I took a look and it had a message. I read “Hurry up and wake up. There is something/someone waiting for you in your cupboard”.

As fast as I could, I ran and she followed me with the camera recording me. I was SO excited, what could it be?? I cautiously opened my cupboard and I didn’t see anything. I was heartbroken then when I turned my head to the right, I was ecstatic. It was as if I was going to faint right there when I saw that one person.

“JUSTIN BIEBER!!!” I shouted and my sisters started laughing really badly. This was the gift that I thought was ‘The Best’, In this gift it included two massive Justin Bieber posters, a magazine, a big book and a cd called “Teen Idol”. I looked at the pile of gifts and placed ‘The Best’ Gift neatly on the side which really stood out from the rest.

I went downstairs and straight on the table I saw my favourite cake which was lighted up with amazing candles. Once again I was given a surprise. Today had been my favourite day of this year. As everybody sang Happy Birthday to me, I made a wish and blew the candles out.

As I cut the amazing delicate cake, my mouth was watering, I just couldn’t resist the scrumptious, Black Forest cake. “Here, have some!!” my sister fed me and as I had a little bit she put the rest on my nose. “Eeeaaaa” I shouted, I had to pay her back for that and I did, by repeating the thing she did to me.

After a long day of good fun, I was tired and obviously exhausted. I dragged myself upstairs with my brother and cousins so they could help me take all my gifts downstairs. We all managed to get the presents down in one go. As I managed to rip through all the gift wrap, I gasped many times due to all the amazing presents that I didn’t even expect.

I wonder how my birthday will be next year, I just can’t wait till I turn 13. There will be many more things I will look forward to next year. I hope this one year passes by real quickly.

1 comment: