Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Camp Take Charge!

I couldn’t believe it, there had been so many other items and in any time it could have been the respectables turn. I stopped and turned my head to look around. People were cheering for the team that was on the stage. A nerve-wracking moment had come, a big round of applause filled the halls atmosphere. “Now its time for the RESPECTABLEZ!” Mrs Langitupu shouted with enthusiasm, “Is this a dream ?” according to Selena this was a dream, she muttered underneath her breath.

Our year 7 and 8's camp concert was on and it was the 2nd night of camp. You know where we camped? Well we camped on the school grounds. My group had a lot of fun because we did everything carefully and we took charge of our things, you think this might be stink, but we actually had a lot of fun.

When it was our time to dance, everybody started to cheer. The music started to play and the first group of girls started to dance, we performed to the song called “Chain Hang Low” the voices of the throng started to raise. I started feeling scared, anxiety had grown in me. We did our performance and there was a BIG round of applause. I guess a lot of people liked ours.

As soon as everybody was finished, we sat down and the last few performance’s finished. We were turning impatient to know who was going to be the winners of Camp Take Charge. “The Winners of 2011 Camp Take Charge are the.... DRUMROLLS PLEASE” Mrs Langitupu shouted and drumrolls hit the floor!! “The Respectables”. We shouted with happiness inside us, my ears were throbbing.

At the end we all got a handful of lollies, we saved some for the next day. Everybody got sent to their tents since it was night. As I went to my tent I waited silently for my tentmates, they came in thinking that they would get to scare me unfortunately I shouted “Yaay” they were the ones who had the big fright.

I had a terrific time at camp and it was awesome. I just couldn’t believe it, 3 days had passed by so quickly and it was as if it had just been 12 hours! From the senior school camp I learnt to be respectful to my team and all the people who came to Camp.

1 comment: