Pages

Monday, July 26, 2010

Back to School!!


On 1st of July, as room 17 sat in the hall as usual for the beginning of Term 3. Everybody was dressed up into ancient clothes. Guess what we are learning about. Well, for this term we are going to be learning things about Mighty Mariners. This subject associates with things that we kind of did in Term 1. In this we learned about Captain James Cook and about his voyage from England to Aotearoa and, the Treaty of Waitangi. We learnt a quite a lot of things. Today I am going to tell you what my favourite part of the amazing Immersion Assembly.

First of all I am going to tell you about the Mariner Mr Burt. He told us about his very big exploration around the world. He told us nearly everything that he did. Guess what? Mr Burt also had to sleep on the ground. That was pretty funny.

Next I am going to tell you about the Team 4 performance. In this presentation , there were 5 people, this is, Ms King, Ms Squires, Miss Va'afusuanga, Miss Garden and Mr Barks. There little concert was so cool. It was amazing, but not the best for me (I would give them a 8 out of 10).

Now I am going to tell you about Jessica Watson (Miss Tito). She was the 2nd best because she made me laugh SO much, and I just loved that (I just love it when people make me laugh). Even though it was only 1 person that was acting, It was amazing. For this little concert I would give 9 1/2.

Finally, I am going to tell you about my favourite performance. This was team 2, which was Miss She and Miss Burne. Miss She was a pirate on Captain James Cooks ship. Miss Burne was James Cook. The thing that made this little act was how the actors and actresses spoke. 10 for this act.

I just can't wait till term 4 because, I just love watching teachers dress in costumes and be actors and actresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment