Pages

Monday, November 23, 2009

Extreme Athletics


As soon I got to school I saw people setting out cones and equipment. Was it really happening?. "Oh no" I screamed. It was athletics day. Uh Oh I had forgotten about it.
It was on the fields and the whole school was there. From all that screaming I had got a little bit dizzy. "Ahhhhhh". It started at 9:00 and was going to go until 2:30. That was nearly 6 hours and 30 minutes. How would I be able to run, jump and do all sorts of stuff for more than 6 hours? Well a little bit more than 6 hours.

Anxiously I waited at the start line fidgeting nervously. "It's nearly my turn!" I whispered to myself. My heart was pounding super fast like it was going to explode. I clenched my hands positioned to run. I stared at the finish line. "Hah Hah Hah" that was me breathing hard. It was as if it was my last day of my life.

Bang!!! the clapper goes. I power ahead to be the first one in line. I closed my eyes and wished that I came first. I felt as if I was in the Olympics racing in the marathons with lots of components. As I raced towards the finish line the pounding of feet sounded like rocks in an avalanche.  Before I knew it the sprints had finished. What had I came anywhere? 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th or last. I bet I was last and I was.

As I walked back to the start line I wondered, "Could I have done better?" I felt a little guilty. I decided in my mind that I would give it my best in the next race.

BANG! Once again the clapper went. 6 components checked ( Including me ). I was really looking forward to this race.  "I wonder what I am going to come in this race"  murmured to myself.  My legs and arms were pumping like they were about to explode.  Finished.  1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th this time I had just came 2nd to last. Only a little bit of improvement. I felt okay but not so great that I had came 2nd to last.

1 comment: